Please inform yourself about current measures and notices of the UzK in connection with the novel Corona virus (SARS-CoV-2).
ALEKI opened today after summer closure
(as of 6.10.2021)
We are glad about the current relaxations of the Corona restrictions. Nevertheless, we have decided to stick to the current usage arrangements until 30.3.2022. This means that we will continue to lend books and media for one week by pre-order.
Our usage modalities:
I. General information
- According to the Rectorate's decision, all UzK libraries are only open for contactless borrowing and return.
- Many publishers and online platforms have currently activated their e-book programme, so that a large amount of literature is available online.
II. SPECIAL LOAN
We currently offer a lending service by advance booking. Up to five books can be borrowed for 7 days at the ALEKI, the collection is largely contactless.
How does that work?
(1) You do send us an e-mail to aleki-hilfskraefteuni-koeln.de
Ideally this e-mail should contain the following information:
Your name with your matriculation number and your book requests (maximum five books) with the respective signature of the ALEKI library. With this request you promise to return the books intact after 7 days at the latest.
(2) We will prepare the order and inform you by e-mail as to when and at what time the books will be ready for collection. We are more or less back at our regular opening hours (9.30-16.30). The books can then be collected from the entrance area of ALEKI. Please call 0221.470-6516 when you are at the door. We will then bring you the books.
(3) You sign the enclosed collection slip.
(4) For the return of the books, please annoucne them briefly by e-mail and put the books back on the table and write your name on a piece of paper (available on site).
Via a VPN connection to the UzK servers (https://rrzk.uni-koeln.de/internetzugang-web/netzzugang/vpn), numerous e-books and e-journals can be viewed free of charge in digital form on the UB website.