The measures against the Corona-Virus are prolonged at the UzK until April 18th, 2021. Please keep yourself informed about current measures from the UzK in connection with the corona virus (SARS-CoV-2).
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
- In all buildings used by the UzK, simple mouth/nose cover (so-called everyday mask) must be worn.
- In accordance with the decision of the rectorate, all libraries of the UzK only open for borrowing and returning of media and books.
- The USB Cologne has an extensive online offer. Please use it.
- Many publishers and online platforms have currently activated their e-book program, so that a large amount of literature is available online.
II. SPECIAL LOAN
We currently offer a lending service by advance booking. Up to five books can be borrowed for 7 days at ALEKI, the collection is largely contactless.
How does that work?
(1) You send us an e-mail to aleki-hilfskraefteuni-koeln.de
Ideally this e-mail should contain the following information:
Your name with your matriculation number and your book requests (maximum five books) with the respective signature of the ALEKI library. With this request you promise to return the books intact after 7 days at the latest.
(2) We will prepare the order and inform you by e-mail as to when and at what time the books will be ready for collection. Due to the current lock-down, we cannot offer fixed opening hours, but open at variable times. The books can then be collected from the entrance area of ALEKI. Please call 0221.470-6516 when you are at the door. We will then bring you the books.
(3) You sign the enclosed collection slip.
(4) For the return of the books, please annoucne them briefly by e-mail and put the books back on the table and write your name on a piece of paper (available on site).
Via a VPN connection to the UzK servers (https://rrzk.uni-koeln.de/internetzugang-web/netzzugang/vpn), numerous e-books and e-journals can be viewed free of charge in digital form on the UB website.